A tour is the joy of new impression knowing. The main thing is an opportunity to feel like young and cheerful at any age. If far roads attract you or if you consider that the best rest is a new contact with history, architecture or nature, or if an insatiable sense of romance lives in you, Tourist LLP invites you to make tours of peninsula of contrasts – a wonderful Mangistau land.
1. «MARINE GATES OF KAZAKHSTAN» - by bus, 3 hours. Extension - 35 km
• Aktau sightseeing guided tour. A sightseeing tour around the city is an acquaintance with the past, the present and the future of the city, with memorial monuments, architecture, as well as with the most vivid sights of Aktau.
2. “ON CASPIAN WAVE-CREST”- in the sailing catamaran, 01 hour
• The tour about the Caspian Sea geography, history, flora and fauna, expeditions crossed the Caspian, and its value for the city of Aktau.
3. “MANGYSHLAK ARCHITECTURAL MONUMENTS” - by bus, 4 hours. Extension – 80 km
• The tour about the diversity of memorial monuments, the historical and architectural value thereof, including the visiting of two necropolises named Koshkar-Ata and Kalipan as well as archaeological monuments of the Stone Age epoch (Koskuduk 1 and 2) and Early Iron Age (Baskuduk)
4. “MIGRATING BIRDS FLY” - by bus, 4 hours. Extension - 30 km
• The tour about the peninsula bird fauna. Difficult bird migratory routes extend through Mangyshlak. The Caspian Sea coast became a good refuge for many of the birds for winter. The tour includes the visiting of Karakol Lake, a place where pink flamingos, royal white swans, amazing pelicans and flocks of other uncommon birds stop when migrating and for wintering. The tour goes along Karakol Lake.
5. “KARAGIYE DEPRESSION” - by bus, 4 or 6 hours. Extension - 120 km
• The tour about the geographical features of the peninsula, the deserts, mountains and depressions thereof, including the visiting of Karagiye Depression at 116 m below the World Ocean level.
In addition we offer at the request of Tourists the visiting of Aktau History Museum located within the territory of Caspian Machine-Building Complex. There are photographs and archival documents describing the formation and history of the city of Aktau, the life and work of honored public figures of the region, geologists, mechanicians on the stands.
6. “ENTER THE NATURE AS A FRIEND” - by bus, 6 or 8 of hours. Extension - 130 km
• While touring you will get acquainted with difficult inconsistent relationship between human being and nature, with uncommon animals and plants of the peninsula included in the Red Book, goes through Karagiye-Karakol wildlife reserve Territory.
6.1. “ENTER THE NATURE AS A FRIEND” -II - by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 135 km
• Excursion to the conservation area of Karagiye Basin, where in the most beautiful corner of nature, among fabulous pictures, one can feel a harmony of mutual understanding between a person and the nature. You can take a short walk in a small woodlet where Haloxylon grows, or walk in thick-set of tamarisk, and see cliffs of wonderful forms and colors, visit a lake in form of a mirror, framed by thick beds of rushes.
7. “TYUB-KARAGAN. PAST AND PRESENT” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 280 km
• While touring you will get acquainted with the history of human society development from the Stone Age up to our times as well as Mangistau travelers and researchers, you will know about the construction of military defenses in Tyub-Karagan Gulf and the life and creativity of Ukrainian poet and artist T. G. Shevchenko during the period of his exile on Mangyshlak. The program includes the visiting of ethnography museum, the local history museum, the conservation park within the territory of former new Petrine fortification, and the settlement of Bautino. If you want to touch the antiquity of mysterious Tyub-Karagan Peninsula, to see unique historical monuments - this tour is for you.
8. “MANGYSHLAK DATELESS ANTIQUITY” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension – 320 km
• The tour describes Islam religion, memorial monuments including the visiting of 6 necropolises dated IX-XIX centuries. The mysterious greatness and brilliance of mausoleums, severe silence of burial mounds and stone statues standing alone in the steppe, galleries of cave painting, lyricism and truth to nature of legends and traditions leaves a lasting impression of this tour. As well as necropolises with tremendous harmony included in the steppe landscape remained to us by inheritance from ancestors and with invisible thread connecting us with the fate of vanished generations. A rest in Sultan-Epe Sai picturesque canyon.
9. “FROM THE REMOTE PAST” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension – 290 km
• The tour about the manners and curves of Kazakh people. Including the visiting of underground Shakpak-Ata mosque, a history and culture monument of X century. A dusk holy place squeezed by its thick walls, covered with drawings and signs is hidden from earth and sky open spaces and human voices. The mosque forces to feel an antiquity breathe, to be surprised at the skill of ancient builders and their ability to harmonize the terrible nature and the mosque greatness as a single whole.
10. “BY KHIVIN ROUTE” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 390 km
• The tour passes through Karagiye Depression, crosses the places where the Great Silk Way caravan tracks passed and finishes within the territory of an ancient settlement, one of the largest settlements of X-XII centuries on Mangyshlak. A rest at the bottom of Sherkal Mountain, a unique creation of nature covered with human legends.
11. “SURPRISING WORLD OF SAURA KANYON” – by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 180 km
While touring you will get acquainted with the life and species diversity of reptiles in various natural conditions like sea, deserts, and mountains as well as Saura natural monument.
12. “TO THE SECRETS OF ZHYGYLGAN DEPRESSION” – by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 240 km
• The tour including the visiting of a huge Zhygylgan canyon in the form of correct circle of a diameter up to 10 km one edge of which goes into the sea, formed as a result of the serious soil slips. The tourists will have the opportunity to walk on the canyon bottom among the assemblage of rock fragments of the most bizarre forms and see the traces of primitive horses and saber-toothed cats stark in a stone. The tour will acquaint with the natural and climatic conditions of Zhygylgan Depression and fantastical fragments of rocks.
13. “INTO TAMSHALY CANYON” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension - 340 km
• The tour about Mangyshlak nature including the visiting of picturesque canyon where you can see how the stone cries and hear a beautiful legend about it. A rest at the seaside.
14. “TO THE KINGDOM OF WHITE ROCKS” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension – 220 km
• The tour about Caspian Sea nature, the peninsula deserts and mountains. The tour finishes in chalk mountain ranges of Mangyshlak mountain area. A rest in the canyon, in a fantastic environment of white rocks.
15. “EARTH SECRETS” - by bus, 12 hours. Extension – 360 km
• The tour to the mountain area of the peninsula, about the territory nature, uncommon plants and animals passes through the territory of Karagiye-Karakol wildlife reserve, including the visiting of Karakol Lake and Karagiye Depression and
finishes near Karatau mountain ranges (Black Mountains) where you will be acquainted with the process of formation of Mangyshlak earth surface, in particular a mountain area. A rest in the canyon formed by a fantastic concentration of black rocks.
16. “MANGISTAU TREASURE” - by bus of 12 hours. Extension - 260 km
• During this tour you will see Mangistau treasures. These are stone spheres of huge sizes created by the rampant imagination of the nature. The narrow long gorges filled with freshness of spring water and a mysterious rustle of planting crossing mountain chains.
17. “OTPAN TAU” SACRED FIRE”- bus, 12 hours. Extension – 290 km
• The tour to Otpan Tau historical and cultural complex where from the beginning of time during the years of enemy attacks people inflame the fire calling the people of Mangistau for unity and readiness to give battle to foreigners. Now the fire is inflamed as dignities and admiration of courage and heroism of our ancestors. The program of tour includes the visiting of places connected with the name of compatriot Beket-ata and a rest in Makhabatsai canyon.
18. “SAINT FATHERS” ”- bus, 12 hours. Extension – 224 km
• This is an excursion for those, who are ready for new wanderings in order to find a spiritual truth. You will visit a few necropoleis, covered by thousand years history and some modern ones, such as Yesenata and Becki Baba. As well as, on this excursion you will visit underground mosque and necropoleis of Saint Karaman-ata. This visit may be interesting for both - old and younger generations, since Karaman-ata is considered as a Guardian of Young People. The especial curing energy of this place has been attracting people for a long time, people who come to this place to receive blessing of old Karaman-ata. If one desire, the excursion can be finished by having rest at the conservation area of Karagiye Basin, where in the most beautiful corner of nature, among fabulous pictures, one can feel a harmony of mutual understanding between a person and the nature. For pilgrims the excursion is finished with visiting of the Karaman-ata underground mosque, after what the group returns to the city.
19. “ABOUT CLOSE AND MYSTERY SEA” – by bus, 12 hours.
• While touring you will get acquainted with the historical events connected with the division of the spheres of influence between the coastal countries within the water area of the Caspian Sea with the importance of value of Kazakhstan area of the sea for the republic. Tourists will learn of human impact on the Caspian Sea, see koskuduk settlements situated on the Caspian Sea coast, cave painting symbolizing the worship to waves, the coastal territory of future Aktau-City. The opportunity to get acquainted with travelers and researchers studying the Caspian Sea, the history of formation of the Caspian Sea basin as well as unique sea flora and fauna will fill a mental picture about the Caspian Sea with new colors. And the opportunity to enjoy the force and beauty of a sea landscape on the seashore will make the rest even more attractive.
20. “BEKET- ATA” AND “SHOPAN- ATA” HOLY RELICS” - by bus, 16 hours.
Extension – 600 km. The first 150 km of the route you will pass on asphalt road, further on earth road and country road.
The pilgrimage to Beket-Ata underground mosque begins with the visiting of the underground mosque, one more holy man Shopan-Ata who according to a legend is a spiritual advisor of Beket-Ata. Shopan-Ata necropolis located on the old caravan road from Mangyshlak to Khoresm is the most extensive which is probably the most ancient on Mangyshlak. Having visited Shopan-Ata underground mosque you will continue the way to Beket - Ata Holy Land where the most important part of pilgrimage begins. Along a winding path among the rocks it is necessary to pass to the mosque on foot. In a small room where earlier Beket-Ata prayed and taught children, you will be given an opportunity to namaz. After visiting of the mosque, all are invited to have a meal prepared from a sacrificial animal after which the group comes back.
ALL OF THE ABOVE 1-DAYS TOURS ARE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE “TOURIST” LLP